blue screen, freezing and flickering screen (604 Views)
Student
nickygalloway
Message 1 of 2 (604 Views)

blue screen, freezing and flickering screen

Hi all, i have got a Compaq Presario CQ60 and have had it for 3 years. I have recently started to get a blue screen that restarts the laptop quite often, sometimes the screen freezes and also the image on screen sometimes flickers. I was wondering why this was happening and how to stop it?

Top Student
Ptucker79
Message 2 of 2 (589 Views)

Re: blue screen, freezing and flickering screen

Hey there. If you have not changed any hardware (doubt you did since it a laptop) it would sound like to me your computer is on it's last legs. You might consider backing up your hard drive because this blue screen is called "The Blue Screen of Death" BSOD. I am not a computer expert by any means just speaking from my years of experience. There might be a setting somewhere in the system settings to stop your computer from restarting everytime it encounters a critical error but I forget how to disable it. Just google BSOD or blue screen of death. Good luck hope you have some results

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation