bootmgr is missing (6586 Views)
Honor Student
manxster71
Message 1 of 5 (6,586 Views)

bootmgr is missing

hello, my hp pavilion says bootmgr is missing. can this be fixed by me. hp pavilion entertainment pc is the type thank you

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 5 (6,583 Views)

Re: bootmgr is missing

Hi:

You can try. See if this article is of any help.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/bootmgr-is-missing.htm

If you don't care about losing any files and programs you may have on the hard drive, you can try a system recovery to the factory state (where it was the day you got the notebook). That is normally done by tapping the F11 key at the HP welcome screen.

Paul

Student
sreenubabup
Message 3 of 5 (5,019 Views)

My laptop is HP g6 pavillion ax1209 amd a6  processor. I am getting the problem whenever starting my laptop-- Bootmanager missing..

press cntr+alt+ del to restart

I lost my recovery disc, and installed new copy of windows 7 professional 64 bit. 

I got windows home basic with the laptop when purchased

I tried to format  C/ drive and install new copy of win 7 professional as updates make it very slow. In the meanwhile after c/ drive format it shows that boot manager missing. 

What to do now?

Student
monkeytree
Message 4 of 5 (4,263 Views)

How can I get into the PC and to a factory restore or a system restore?

Professor
npw05001
Message 5 of 5 (4,243 Views)

Hello monkeytree,

I see that you are wanting information on running a factory or system restore.

Here is a link that shows how to run a System Recovery to the factory state on a computer with Windows 8.

Here is a link that shows how to run a System Recovery to the factory state on a computer with Windows 7.

Here is a link that shows how to run a System Recovery to the factory state on a computer with Windows vista.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation