Question

Student
msdanworth
Message 1 of 4 (1,568 Views)

compaq F700 turns on then right back off..lights come on, but won't start..screen remains blank

compaq F700 turns on then right back off..lights come on, but won't start..screen remains blank

Student
stoner007
Message 2 of 4 (1,471 Views)

Re: compaq F700 turns on then right back off..lights come on, but won't start..screen remains blank

Did you ever get your problem resolved? I'm having the same issue

Honor Student
kenoaarto
Message 3 of 4 (1,447 Views)

Re: compaq F700 turns on then right back off..lights come on, but won't start..screen remains blank

Closed lid last  night., won't come on this morning.  Happened once before, came on next day. HP instructions aren't working. Tried with and with out hard drive, switched DIMMs. Computer runs VERY hot.

Student
PrairieStar1
Message 4 of 4 (1,428 Views)

Have a similar problem with my HP Pavilion.  It has been running hot but being my first laptop I didn't think anything of it.  Then last night it came on with a black screen saying HP Invent and press escape for menu.  That didn't work.

Took it into Staples this morning, first thing I got was why didn't you buy extended warantee?  Laptop was exactly 1 year old 2 days ago.

Anyway to make a long story short, the guy messed with a few things then said it is probably the motherboard since there seems to be a lack of communication on the machine.  He took the hard drive out and said they could create a backup for $100.  The motherboard would be at least $300. 

This could be your problem also, hope not. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation