Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hai. My compaq cq40 is 2 year old. Now after i connectes my samsung s2 mobile in usb mode. My laptop freezes. I force shutdowned it. Now its not opening. Num and caps lock led blinks forever. I tryed clearing the cmos battery swapping ram. Removed wifi card. Nothing helped me. Plsss help me. Also tell me if there is problem in motherboardm how much does it costs inr.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If the blink code is blink, pause, blink, pause, then that indicates the processor has failed the POST test. 

I am afraid this will require the processor to be replaced to correct the issue.  Sorry.  😞

You can try contacting HP to get a quote for how much it would cost to repair and compare that to the cost having a local PC shop repair it. 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Review this document since you are receiving a blink code on the caps lock key.  I doubt connecting the S2 to the notebook is a part of the issue. 

Does the blink pattern match any of the ones listed?

Code descriptions

Use the following table to learn about the meaning of a code that your computer may encounter.
Code type Number of Blinks or Beeps Component Being Checked Condition Possible solution(s)

AC power adapter LEDConstantly onPower adapterOK. Power is being supplied.None. The power adapter is likely not the problem.
AC power adapter LEDConstantly offPower adapterPower is not being suppliedTry a different power outlet.

Replace power adapter.
AC power adapter LEDContinuous blinkingPower adapterInsufficient powerTry a different power outlet.

Replace power adapter.
Caps Lock/Num Lock1CPUCPU not functionalReseat replace CPU.

Service
Caps Lock/Num Lock2BIOSBIOS corruption failureRestore BIOS from onboard backup (jumpers)

Service
Caps Lock/Num Lock3MemoryMemory module error not functionalReseat memory modules (see next section).

Test memory from UEFI or BIOS.

Replace bad memory modules.

Service
Caps Lock/Num Lock4GraphicsGraphics controller not functionalService
Caps Lock/Num Lock5System boardGeneral system board failureService
Caps Lock/Num Lock6BIOSBIOS authentication failureRestore BIOS from onboard backup (jumpers)

Service
BeepVariesVariesVariesReseat memory modules (see next section).

Service

For more detail on the exact code, search the Internet for "beep code" and the manufacturer of your BIOS - such as AMI or Award.

Here are some examples of a blink pattern.

Blink, pause, blink, pause, and it continues. 

Blink, blink, pause, blink, blink, pause and it continues.

Do note that a pause is usually 3-4 seconds long.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
Pause is for 4 second and blinks unconditional forever. I removed hdd ram wifi card battery cd rom bios battery. Even then same.
HP Recommended

If the blink code is blink, pause, blink, pause, then that indicates the processor has failed the POST test. 

I am afraid this will require the processor to be replaced to correct the issue.  Sorry.  😞

You can try contacting HP to get a quote for how much it would cost to repair and compare that to the cost having a local PC shop repair it. 

Signature
HP Recommended
Thank you. Guess i have to change the core. Its amd x2. But i heard. Laptop processor are embedded in the main board. Is it possible to replace it. Or whole motherboard??
HP Recommended

Some have the processor embedded, but most do not.  You are typically going to see embedded processors in smaller devices such as minis and tablets. 

I may be able to provide a more detailed answer if I have the product number

NOTE: Do NOT provide the serial number.

Signature
HP Recommended
Cq40 613ax
Vu499pa#acj
HP Recommended

It looks like this unit does not use an embedded processor based on the part store.

The processor is part number 532121-001. 

The motherboard is part number 578254-001. 

Let me know if that is the information you needed. 

Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.