HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-05-2012 12:33 PM
A few months ago I purchased a compaq presario cq57. About a week ago it started showing a screen during start up saying for compatible battery preformance please replace current critically low battery. I left it on the charger about 14 hours a day to ensure it wont overheat and while charging it was off. Now the computer wont turn on at all also it will not charge.
08-05-2012 04:31 PM
Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly. Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move to the next step.
To Perform A Hard Reset
- Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for 5 seconds); (if the computer doesn't power on, move to the next step)
- Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
- Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook. There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
- Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
- Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.