computer mouse scroll-bar not working (24573 Views)
Top Student
angkb
Message 1 of 8 (24,573 Views)

computer mouse scroll-bar not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop and all of a sudden the mouse scroll bar won't work.  I can move the mouse just fine, but not the scroll bar on the side.  I can use the scroll bar on the screen by clicking it or the arrow keys but not the bar on the mouse pad :smileysad:  This is very frustrating.  Anyone else have this problem?  Any suggestions...

Student
agoroch
Message 2 of 8 (24,501 Views)

Re: computer mouse scroll-bar not working

I have the same laptop and the same problem  but no solution.  I hope help comes our way!

Tutor
minus_13
Message 3 of 8 (24,466 Views)

are you using touchpad as mouse????

if yes go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> click on last tab (Device Settings) -> click on + next to the second item(Scrolling) ->click on "one finger scrolling"(don't click on the + next to it, just click on it's name) -> ckeck whether "Enable vertical scrolling" is checked or not... if not check it.... and u may have your problem solved....

Student
TPOD
Message 4 of 8 (23,539 Views)

I had this same issue. I did some investigating. It is two finger scrolling. Use two fingers and simply swipe down on your touch pad. You will be amazed. 

Student
vasu6353
Message 5 of 8 (16,710 Views)

the vertical scrolling options is unchecked but unable to recheck it .

Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 6 of 8 (16,704 Views)

Hello,

Please goto the Device Manager, Mice and other Pointing Devices, single click to expand, double click the mouse icon to open Properties window, click, Roll Back Driver. While you're there you can check to see if there are any issues.

'I am a :smileyhappy: volunteer!

If it were a rattler. . . .

Student
ddw330
Message 7 of 8 (12,520 Views)

The two fingers worked! Thanks!

Student
imranshaik
Message 8 of 8 (8,399 Views)

i have hp product hp pavillion dv4 1502tu, i cant able to scoll my mouse. what should i do to get over this problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation