Question

Honor Student
nnavere7
Message 1 of 5 (5,202 Views)
Accepted Solution

cooling fan not working correctly whenever the power is turn on

I have an HP Pavilion g4 Notebook PC, serial number : 5CD1202OQT and its product number is LN421PA#ABJ. Everytime

I turn on the power, there is a message telling me that the cooling fan is not working correctly. But before that, my pc fan used to

make loud noise when it is turn on with no warning message for that. Now i don't know why that noise(FAN) is gone but the message keep showing whenever i turn on my hp note book. sometimes if i use my hp note book longer for example watch movie on it, it will turn off automatically on its own..help me fix this problem or what should i do?  

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 5 (5,200 Views)

Re: cooling fan not working correctly whenever the power is turn on

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please find the steps given below might help you to fix your issue.

Please clean the Vents of the Fan using a blower then update the Bios from the Webiste and check if the issue is still not resolved please contact the HP Technical support and get the Fan replaced.

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
nnavere7
Message 3 of 5 (5,195 Views)

hi,

how can i update the bios from the internet?

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 4 of 5 (5,194 Views)

Hi

Go to HP website put in your product number the select the operating system then update the Bios.

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
Student
lovekitakert
Message 5 of 5 (4,246 Views)

I have the same problem too. I have done what you have said, I already updated my BIOS but still when I restart my notebook a boot saying my cooling system is not properly working is still there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation