Question

Top Student
ant1966
Message 1 of 24 (4,285 Views)

cursor problem

I have an Hp G56-130sa and the touchpad works fine when i initially turn laptop on.However,if i move the laptop i.e.,lift it up and move around my home, the cursor sticks on the screen and the touchpad only works the cursor across the screen intermittently. The only way i can resolve the cursor sticking is to switch the laptop off at new location and switch it back on again.

This can't be right surely?

PhD Student
Knute
Message 2 of 24 (4,252 Views)

Re: cursor problem

[ Edited ]

Have you tried downloading the latest drivers for the touchpad?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=4326263&

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Top Student
    ant1966
    Message 3 of 24 (4,209 Views)

Capture.JPG

I have downloaded the updated driver but get this message,i dont uderstand why,as my laptop is 64bit.

Honor Student
    phillies1989
    Message 4 of 24 (4,138 Views)

Argh. I've have just bought this laptop and have had EXACTLY the same problem! Half of my mouse pad stops working altogether and the other half does alittle...  Also, i tried to download the new driver and got the same message!! :@

Im going to return my laptop on saturday to the store i bought it from and ask for them to look in to it, I'll let you know what i find out!

Phily x
    Top Student
    ant1966
    Message 5 of 24 (4,127 Views)

I'm going to do the same.Let me know how you get on.

You must have also gone around looking/surfing to find a solution as i did.I have also e-mailed HP support,their solutions to the problem haven't worked either,if,when i take it to the store i purchased it don't find a solution,i will be changing it!

Top Student
    FaintSmile
    Message 6 of 24 (4,051 Views)

Hi ant1966,

Try to download the updated driver of your touchpad on the hp website.

Go to HP.com

then choose support and drivers

choose donwload driver and softwares

input your product number on the box then click go (without the #aba)

choose your operating system

then under keyboard, mouse, etc

download the touchpad driver

hope this will help you

There are only 10 kinds of people on this world. those who can binary and those who cant
    Honor Student
    phillies1989
    Message 7 of 24 (4,007 Views)

Ah man!

I just did what the previouis guy suggested, and the download actually worked and installed...

Then i put my laptop down to go loo, come back and its broken AGAIN!!

I guess you could try the driver but im just guna ring the TechGuys tomoro and demand they fix this!

Barely had this thing for a week and its useless! :@ I guess its my fault for trusting a good bargain!

Phily x
    Professor
    Charles001
    Message 8 of 24 (4,005 Views)

There is a problem with that package sp49522.exe on 64bit systems, you can use this one instead: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50718.exe

======================================================================================
    * I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
    Student
    adamvirgin
    Message 9 of 24 (3,966 Views)

Im having the same problem too. Had this laptop a week or just over. Already taken on eof these back two weeks ago as it wouldnt come back on after turning it off and now the touchpad just stops working and only comes back to life when restarting the laptop. Not good when you are in a poker tournament.lol

Let me know how you get on guys as I have installed things on here now and really dont want to take it back again.

Good luck

Top Student
    ant1966
    Message 10 of 24 (3,952 Views)

I took mine back and got a new one.........And guess what,it has the same problem!

Have downloaded new driver listed above and still no joy.Could it be some sort of  built in safety feature that's too sensitive?

Help. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation