Re: dv6-2120tx freezing (665 Views)
Student
The-Bodge
Message 1 of 3 (706 Views)

dv6-2120tx freezing

Hi

I have a Pavilion dv6-2120tx which is freezing. Had same problem 8 months ago and HDD was replaced under warranty. Since then have had intermittent freezing issues, but now is happening all the time. Did BIOS test and quck test was ok but comprehensive test froze at 3% with message "ERROR 305 - HARD DISK FULL". Pressed OK and computer worked fine until I turned it off and re-started it next day - then got same freezing problem. HDD is not full - have only used about 10%. Still under warranty, so they are going to put in another new HDD.

Does anyone think there may be another problem besides the HDD ????????

The Bodge

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 3 (678 Views)

Re: dv6-2120tx freezing

Diagnose test hangs show the HDD has problem, which normally will lead to system freeze or crash, so definitely have it replaced. Make sure you back up your data first though. memory and CPU probably are ok, if those have problems, typically computer will just crash.

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
PhD Student
Knute
Message 3 of 3 (665 Views)

Re: dv6-2120tx freezing

Check the BIOS version you have against the latest HP has available for your model.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation