HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
01-12-2012 12:27 PM
I tried to update the bios on my laptop, and it failed. How can i make a crisis disk? or something please help, i need the laptop and its out of warrenty.
Can you please give us more details on the failure? Did you get an error message? Does the notebook turn on now (and if so, do you get an error message?). There's no remedy for a failed BIOS update if the machine doesn't turn on -- It would need to be sent in for service.
You can also try a hard reset if the computer turns on but there's no display:
To Perform A Hard Reset
- Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for 5 seconds)
- Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
- Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook. There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
- Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
- Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
01-12-2012 05:01 PM
Sry for being so vague, i was jsut hurrying to school. Well the computer does turn on, but the weird thing is when i click the power button the screen doesnt turn, but the fans will, then after like 3 seconds the computer turns off again, then turns itself on and it does that forever, there are no messages or sounds, jsut the sound of the cd drive moving. and no there isnt a cd in there. but there was when i tried to update bios, maybe thats the problem? well please help.