HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
02-10-2012 07:20 PM
I have an HP Mini 110-11 netbook. I made the mistake of going to the start button and putting the computer into stand-by.
When I went to wake the computer, it went into Hibernation mode. I am pretty sure the device was on A/C which shouldn't have put it into Hibernation. When trying to wake from Hibernation the window froze on a black screen saying "Resuming Windows".
1. I have tried Control, Alt Delete to no avail.
2. Disconnected power and battery and drained residual power. (numerous tries.)
3. Booted F9.
4. Booted F10
5. Ran Hard Drive test - ck ok 100%
6. Ran Memory test - ck ok 100%
7. Can't boot computer to run System Recovery.
8. No DVD drive. Tried running Fix-It from a memory stick and also from an external hard drive. Neither would Auto Start.
Anyone have an idea what else to do?
02-21-2012 07:45 AM
I am having almost the exact problem. Mine was a result of the battery dying. No matter what I do I cannot move past the resuming windows screen and I am very frustrated. I have tried all the f options and tried starting in safe mode and all that stuff. Please advise!!!!