Question

Tutor
MsNotaTech
Message 1 of 7 (11,473 Views)
Accepted Solution

how do I access Catalyst Control Centre (ccc)?

I have a HP Pavilion dv7-1130us notebook with Windows OS (64bit) and the AMD Turion x2 processor.  When I attempt to open up 'ccc', 'ccc advance', 'ccc wizard',  'ccc help', or 'ccc through display features',  Windows opens up and states:  "Catalyst Control Center:  Host application has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly".  When I click the button to close the progam, DEP (data excution prevention) goes off.

When I open my Event Viewer, this is what it states:  Faulting application CCC.exe, version 2.0.0.0, time stamp 0x49ef8e09, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0000000000000000, process id 0xf50, application start time 0x01cd4e6d27078733. When I go to MS Technet support web page it states that there is currently no Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles for this error.

The updates I have made have been to my drivers.  Thanx for your help!

Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 2 of 7 (11,460 Views)

Re: how do I access Catalyst Control Centre (ccc)?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

This problem can be readily fixed; please goto Programs and Features, and uninstall the AMD Catalyst Install Manager; next, please goto this site: http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx In the upper right hand corner of this site it states: SUPPORT AND DRIVERS;  and directly below is: Find A Driver Please highlight this area with your pointer to expand the window and initiate: Driver Autodetect Drop down and click: Driver Autodetect This will launch Driver Autodetect and shift the window; please goto the right side of the new window and choose download Driver Autodetect, do not run it but save it to your desktop or where ever you will, scan it and then restart your laptop. I must state now that Driver Autodetect is in actuality the beginnings of the new 12.4 CCC, so after restarting your laptop, please make sure that the laptop is connected to the internet first and then double click the Driver Autodetect file to launch the new CCC, making sure to follow all directions and accepting. This should do it.

To access the CCC via the desktop, left click anywhere clear on the desktop and then click on the CCC.

'I am a :smileyhappy: volunteer!

If it were a rattler. . . . Rattle Snake, that is. . . .

Tutor
VanDiesil
Message 3 of 7 (11,456 Views)

SSDdrive wrote:

Hello,

This problem can be readily fixed; please goto Programs and Features, and uninstall the AMD Catalyst Install Manager; next, please goto this site: http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx In the upper right hand corner of this site it states: SUPPORT AND DRIVERS;  and directly below is: Find A Driver Please highlight this area with your pointer to expand the window and initiate: Driver Autodetect Drop down and click: Driver Autodetect This will launch Driver Autodetect and shift the window; please goto the right side of the new window and choose download Driver Autodetect, do not run it but save it to your desktop or where ever you will, scan it and then restart your laptop. I must state now that Driver Autodetect is in actuality the beginnings of the new 12.4 CCC, so after restarting your laptop, please make sure that the laptop is connected to the internet first and then double click the Driver Autodetect file to launch the new CCC, making sure to follow all directions and accepting. This should do it.

To access the CCC via the desktop, left click anywhere clear on the desktop and then click on the CCC.

That would be fine if the machine did not have switchable graphics!!!!

AMD's checker reports that the device is not compatiable with their drivers as it needs updating from HP's site itself (dated November 2011),

The message reported is ;

"AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatiable hardware/software on your computer.

The version of your graphics adaptor is not supported

Please contact your notebook manufacturer for a graphics driver update"

Obviously more chance of HP giving me my money back than getting a driver update that does not detract from system performance (like the latest AMD Radeon drivers d from the HP site!

Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 4 of 7 (11,451 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

According to hp specs the dv7-1130us is equipped with the ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics RS780M. This is in crossfire configuration not dual or switchable. Link: http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Radeon-HD-3200.9591.0.html So accordingly, goto http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=3795407&task=&  chose the correct OS, since it isn't stated in question besides OS64, for the correct update after completion of the uninstallation. Which should still resolve the CCC issue.

VanDiesil says:06-19-201204:30 PM

I have a HP Pavilion dv7-1130us notebook with Windows OS (64bit) and the AMD Turion x2 processor.  When I attempt to open up 'ccc', 'ccc advance', 'ccc wizard',  'ccc help', or 'ccc through display features',  Windows opens up and states:  "Catalyst Control Center:  Host application has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly".  When I click the button to close the progam, DEP (data excution prevention) goes off.

When I open my Event Viewer, this is what it states:  Faulting application CCC.exe, version 2.0.0.0, time stamp 0x49ef8e09, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0000000000000000, process id 0xf50, application start time 0x01cd4e6d27078733. When I go to MS Technet support web page it states that there is currently no Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles for this error.

The updates I have made have been to my drivers.  Thanx for your help!

VanDiesil continues: That would be fine if the machine did not have switchable graphics!!!!

AMD's checker reports that the device is not compatiable with their drivers as it needs updating from HP's site itself (dated November 2011),

The message reported is ;

"AMD Catalyst Mobility cannot be downloaded due to incompatiable hardware/software on your computer.

The version of your graphics adaptor is not supported

Please contact your notebook manufacturer for a graphics driver update"

Obviously more chance of HP giving me my money back than getting a driver update that does not detract from system performance (like the latest AMD Radeon drivers d from the HP site!

Tutor
MsNotaTech
Message 5 of 7 (11,398 Views)

Dear SSDrive,

Thank you very much for information.  I also received an excellent suggestion from "Paul" and after downloading the AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification Tool from the AMD website that has fixed everything.  I now have total access to my graphics application.  I also ran the driver autodetect offered from AMD and no problems there.  I AM A HAPPY CAMPER!

Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 6 of 7 (11,390 Views)

Hello MsNotaTech,

Anytime, and thank you. I'm sincerely glad that I could help you and that your Hp laptop is now back to being an Hp performance machine.

Honor Student
mr_brondby
Message 7 of 7 (9,070 Views)

u suggest i get a new driver ?

HP wont let me instal a new amd driver

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation