Question

Student
Jaxson96
Message 1 of 13 (63,575 Views)

how do i bypass the windows password without password recovery disk

My sister has passed away & Ive been copying her pictures off of her laptop for the family & I havent finished. It logged off last night & now its asking for password & no one knows the password.. Im almost positive there is a way to go around this password but I cant seem to figure it out on my own! Please Help ASAP THANX

Tutor
jdoggsc
Message 2 of 13 (63,552 Views)

Re: how do i bypass the windows password without password recovery disk

log into safe mode and log into the administrator account.  If there's no password, then it will just let you right in, or else press [enter] without typing anything in the password field and it'll log on. change the password in control panel. reboot.

Top Student
sangegn
Message 3 of 13 (62,709 Views)

Option 1. Use another Windows administrator account
Step 1: Sign in Windows via another administrator account.
Step 2: Type “user accounts” in the search box and select User Accounts in the search results.
Step 3: User Accounts windows will open, with All Windows user accounts displayed.
Step 4: Select the user account that you want to reset password of.
Step 5: Type a new password twice, a password hint once, and then click Change password button.

Option 2. Use Reset Windows Password Utility
Reset Windows password utilities are regarded as the most widely-used and efficient way to bypass lost Windows password, and Windows Password Recovery Tool is a good example. With this program, you can easily bypass Windows password in 5 minutes.
How-to:
Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Recovery Tool in any PC that you can run as admin.
Step 2: Create a boot Windows password reset CD/DVD or USB drive in seconds.
Step 3: Boot the target Windows PC from the burned boot password reset disk.
Step 4: Reset the forgotten Windows user password within 3 clicks.
Step 5: Sign in Windows without password on its logon screen.

Video guide:  How to Recover Windows Password?

Student
jeffjankiewicz
Message 4 of 13 (62,692 Views)

Hi, sorry for your loss. Search the net for Hirens boot cd. download the zip file and extract to a folder. Use the burner tool in the file to burn to cd. restart system and boot from the cd. it will prompt you on where to boot from. This disc has a mini xp built in that will boot to mini xp and allow you to copy the files out of the hard drive, OR you can use the password reset to wipe out the password completely. this program will ask a few questions like account name etc. Hope this helps Download.com can help you find the boot cd safely

qiu Top Student
Top Student
qiu
Message 5 of 13 (62,639 Views)

Option 1. Bypass Windows 7 Password Via Another Administrator Account
If you have another user account with admin privileges, including built-in accounts in Windows 7, you can easily bypass other accounts' password using Lusrmgr.msc and Command Line.
Log on Windows 7 with your administrator account. Click on Start, type lusrmgr.msc in the Search box or Run box and click OK.
When the Local users and Groups dialog appears, open the Users folder. Right-click your user account and select "set password", type a new password and click OK.

Option 2. Bypass Windows 7 Password using CMD command line
Step 1: Logon your Windows as administrator(You also can logon Safe Mode with Command Prompt, pressing F8 when restart your computer, hit up/down key to choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and hit Enter).
Step 2: Click on Start, type cmd in the Run box or Search box and press Enter.
Step 3: Type net user, all user accounts of your computer will be listed.
Step 4: Type net user "UserName" "NewPassword"(replace UerName and NewPassword with yours), press Enter, then the password will be reset as new one and you can logon Windows Vista with it.

Option 3. Bypass Windows 7 Password with Windows Password Recovery
Download this program and burn it to a CD/USB on another  PC, then use it to boot your locked computer to reset lost password offline.

If you would like to read more:  http://www.lostwindowspassword.com/windows-password-recovery.htm

Honor Student
fengeng
Message 6 of 13 (62,387 Views)

Here is a video guide help you to bypass the windows password without password recovery disk:  http://youtu.be/YCFjfSOqtsk

Intern
nasalyban
Message 7 of 13 (61,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
Here are some common methods.

Method 1: Reset Windows 7, Vista, XP Password Via Another Administrator Account

If you have another user account with admin privileges, including built-in accounts in Windows 7/Vista/XP, you can easily bypass other accounts' password using Lusrmgr.msc and Command Line.

1. Log on Windows 7/Vista/XP with your administrator account. Click on Start, type lusrmgr.msc in the Search box(Win7/Vista) or Run box(Win7/Vista/XP) and click OK.
2. When the Local users and Groups dialog appears, open the Users folder. Right-click your user account and select "set password", type a new password and click OK.

Method 2: Reset WIndows 7/Vista/XP password with Windows password reset disk
Here is the steps to reset Windows password with password reset disk, bypassing Windows Vista/XP password is the same as this:

Step 1: Login Windows with a incorrect password, it will show you a link "Reset Password.." under the password box.
Step 2: Insert your password reset disk, click the link, When a password reset wizard appears, click Next.
Step 3: Choose the drive name from the pull-down list, click Next.
Step 4: Type a new password in the new password box, and type it again to confirm it. Click Next→Finish. Then you can login Windows again with the new password.

Method 3: Reset Windows password with Windows password recovery program

In this method, you need to load a recovery program on another computer, then burn it to a CD/USB. Boot your locked computer from CD/USB and reset WIndows password offline. This is a universal password reset method.

[advertising content removed]

Hope helpful.
Student
KathyEsson
Message 8 of 13 (53,659 Views)

There are many free and paid software that can be used to bypass Windows password. The best paid software is PCUnlocker, while the best free software is Offline NT Password & Register Editor.

Tutor
Lolita520
Message 9 of 13 (36,489 Views)

[ Edited ]

Method 1: Bypass Windows 7 password with CMD
1. Logon you computer with another user account which has admin privileges.
2. Click Start, type in "CMD.EXE" in the search box, press Enter.
3. Cammand screen apears, type in "net user" "user name" " new password", press Enter. The user account password will be replace as the new one.

Method 2: Bypass Windows 7 password with USB
This method requires you to load a Windows 7 password recovery program like SmartKey Windows Password Recovery.
1. Install the program on another computer and create a password recovery disk with USB.
2. Insert the disk to your laptop and set your laptop to boot from it.
3. All user accounts will be loaded, then you can reset any user password.

Video guide about how to bypass Windows 7 password - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUjBtNeuVDs

Student
littleearl
Message 10 of 13 (33,335 Views)

I forgot my password for my HP laptop, is there a way to get around it with out a disc???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation