Question

Student
MineAction
Message 1 of 7 (8,849 Views)
Accepted Solution

how do i fix this message hp cue status root will has encountered a problem and will have to close

I just recently I keep getting the message "HP cue status root has encountered a problenm and needs to close".  I have also noticed that the Laptop frequrently freezes and that more often than not when I click on a web page the new page cannot be found until I click the refresh button.

Is there a solution? 

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 2 of 7 (8,844 Views)

Re: how do i fix this message hp cue status root will has encountered a problem and will have to clo

Hi,

This error is related to a printer software. Completely uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software may fix the problem.

Though the steps below can also stop the message from coming up:

For Windows XP:

i. Click on START.

ii. Click on 'Run'.

iii. Type 'MSCONFIG'.

iv. Click 'OK'.

v. Click on 'General' tab.

vi. Choose 'Selective Start Up'.

vii. Click on 'Start Up' tab at the top.

viii. Uncheck 'HP Digital Imaging Monitor' or HPqtra08.exe from the list of names. Click Apply and OK.

ix. Restart your computer.

When you restart your computer, a box will appear telling you, you have chosen a way of start up etc. Just choose 'Don't show again'  at the bottom and click OK. 

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Click on 'Start'.

3. In Search programs and files Type 'MSCONFIG' and hit enter. It'll open the System Configuration Window.

5. Click on 'General' tab.

6. Choose 'Selective Start Up'.

7. Click on 'Start Up' tab at the Top

8. Uncheck 'HP Digital Imaging Monitor' or HPqtra08.exe

9. Click Apply and OK. Restart your computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
Student
ervin24
Message 3 of 7 (8,732 Views)

Re: how do i fix this message hp cue status root will has encountered a problem

MineAction wrote:

I just recently I keep getting the message "HP cue status root has encountered a problenm and needs to close".  I have also noticed that the Laptop frequrently freezes and that more often than not when I click on a web page the new page cannot be found until I click the refresh button.

Is there a solution? 

Student
manoharngou
Message 4 of 7 (7,285 Views)

Re: how do i fix this message hp cue status root will has encountered a problem and will have to clo

I had done it.But I can't correct it

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 5 of 7 (7,281 Views)

Hi,

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software. First uninstall it from Control Panel and restart the computer and check if error still comes up.If no error comes up then reinstall the printer software using the printer dvd or download it from the support website..

Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
Student
sue182
Message 6 of 7 (4,824 Views)

Hi done that- I have problem that printer DeskjetD4260 will not recognise new cartridges- help?

ta

Sue

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 7 of 7 (4,810 Views)

how do i fix this message hp cue status root will has encountered a problem and will have to close

Sue, I would recommend posting this in the printing forum. This is the notebook forum.

Here is a link: http://goo.gl/q525D
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation