Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my computer is an HP G60 running windows 7, i.e.9. i had an admin account set up and most other accounts had inherent control. however every decision to be made had to be approved through admin with my password. this was to protect my children from too much control.now my admin account will not accept my password and i cannot access this account nor can i change anything on my computer or make any decisions regarding,

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi !

I suggest for you to try a Microsoft System Restore by booting up to the Recovery Manager

Restore to the last time when it was still working.

If this does not resolve it you can try to activate the hidden admin of windows

and log-in to that hidden admin. You can then try to remove or change your password.

If any of this does not work, I'm sorry to tell but a System Recovery is the last resort.

HTH Smiley Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click the White Kudos Star to say Thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try a utility such as the one on the link below to see if you can reset the Administrator account password.

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Option 1. Reinstall the system(if you didn't have any important datas)
Optioon 2. Reset the admin password with password recovery tool.(recommend:Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0)
Step 1. Install the program on another computer and create a password recovery disk with USB
Step 2. Insert the disk to your laptop and set your laptop to boot from it.
Step 3. All user accounts will be loaded, then you can reset any user password.
If you want to read more details: http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com

HP Recommended

I have no disc for system recovery how could I do that.but before i'm lock out with my administration account.

HP Recommended

I cannot get into compute all in one omni desktop because somebody tried to hack into my administrator password and now i can only go in as guest. how do I get into administrator

HP Recommended

How to get my computer unlock

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.