Question

Top Student
gautam007
Message 1 of 5 (5,424 Views)

hp G42 touchpad problem

Hi everyone one of my friend purchased a hp G42 laptop and he is having some problem with the touchpad. While working it sometimes suddenly locked up and a orange color button showed up in the touchpad. When he come to me i examined for the button to lock the touchpad, but the problem is i can't find the button ( My compaq laptop has a button to loch the touchpad.). I also examined the device manager and there are no yellow mark. Can someone please tell me how to stop this lock up of the touchpad. Thanks for your help With regards Gautam
Student
Sujin
Message 2 of 5 (5,263 Views)

Re: hp G42 touchpad problem

To switch the TouchPad zone on and off, quickly double-tap the TouchPad off indicator.

NOTE: When the TouchPad zone is active, the light is off.

Honor Student
Rubidad
Message 3 of 5 (3,901 Views)

Greetings,

When I first started using my HP G42, I kept accidently disabling the touchpad by tapping the led at the top left of the touchpad. I found a way to "disable" the disable zone in a registry change, I think. I thought I saved the link for the directions, but I must have deleted it....When I attempt to change the Device Settings in Synaptics Pointing device settings, the touchpad disable zone settings is checked, but is "ghosted" and I am unable to change the setting. I now use a wireless most most of the time and would like to have the tap zone active again.

I know the led still functions, because if I choose to to disable the  toiuchpad when a mouse is attatched, the led comes on, to indicate the pad no longer will accept input.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reinstalling the synaptics driver does not work....changing the bios does not work... a system restore would change all kinds of setttings, and I'm not sure I have any restore points that are old enough,anyway.

I'm  fairly sure there is some kind of software switch or registry setting to fix this.

Any takers??

Honor Student
mafrank
Message 4 of 5 (3,883 Views)

Thank you so much for this

I just found out how to do this this today-- after having my laptop for like over a year

=DD  

- Melissa
Student
Ajmalsafi
Message 5 of 5 (1,805 Views)

i just installed new windows to my G42 Laptop, but the broblem is i can't lock my touchpad now, i mean it is not working, is there any software i need to install or waht, can any one help me in this regard, thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation