Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

i have a hp compaq 6730b laptop .

from few days i saw that when i plug in for charging my laptop it get freezed eventually and slows down .

suddenly processor usage increases.

what should i do??

help plz..

thank u

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Does it run ok with just the power adaptor plugged in and the battery completely out of the notebook? Does the battery charge ok if the notebook is turned off? Does the notebook run for a reasonable long time with just the battery?  I have seen this type of problem with a Toshiba machine that used a NEC/TOKIN 0E128 Proadlizer high switching frequency DC/DC converter output capacitor.  I doubt that your machine has this chip but the problem and the function are similar.  It is a surface mounted device and can cause the notebook to have varying problem with both the battery and the power adaptor connected at the same time.  Many times this will also allow you to charge the battery when the computer is off but not when it is on. Sometimes it will not allow your to run the notebook with just the power adaptor attached and the battery removed. Just food for thought.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Does it run ok with just the power adaptor plugged in and the battery completely out of the notebook? Does the battery charge ok if the notebook is turned off? Does the notebook run for a reasonable long time with just the battery?  I have seen this type of problem with a Toshiba machine that used a NEC/TOKIN 0E128 Proadlizer high switching frequency DC/DC converter output capacitor.  I doubt that your machine has this chip but the problem and the function are similar.  It is a surface mounted device and can cause the notebook to have varying problem with both the battery and the power adaptor connected at the same time.  Many times this will also allow you to charge the battery when the computer is off but not when it is on. Sometimes it will not allow your to run the notebook with just the power adaptor attached and the battery removed. Just food for thought.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

HP Recommended

thanks for your frequent response...

bt i have not tried to run with battery completely out of notebook..

tomorrow i noticed that battery was taking more than usual time for charging,so once i taken out the battery and again inserted it back and then started charging it with notebook turned off and surprisingly it was charged in usual time.

yes the notebook run for about 2-3 hrs with once full battery charged.

i have seen in few posts to update system updates for such kind of problem and i did that tomorrow and today when i start the notebook with charger plugged in, it was running much better than tomorrow.

you are right sometime it happens that it allow me to charge the battery when the computer is off but not when it is on and says that "please use high capacity adapter for charging".

today it is running good with charger plugged in.

if there are any other ways to enhance the working speed of notebook then replies are appreciated..

again thanx for ur post and frequent attention.

HP Recommended
If it does not speed up without the battery in and just the cord connected. Put the computer to sleep. Turn it back on as u would then the laptop will be back up to speed. (until u turn it back on again) If so. Repeat steps.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.