Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i formated my hp elitebook 8460p with window 7 professional cause i accidentally deleted my recovery.i tried driving the sound with IDT sound driver which i downloaded from hp site still my notebook brings no sound.dont know what do.could anyone out there help out.plssssssssss.Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello emmanuelomotayo.  I understand you're having trouble with the sound on your 8460p.

Is this the driver you installed?

Are you able to adjust the volume from the System Tray or does it show a red "X?"

I think it would be a good idea to install both the HP Software Framework and HP Support Assistant.  Then you can run HP Support Assistant.  This application will scan your computer and install any missing software and drivers you may need.  After you do this you should reboot your notebook and verify whether the problem persists.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.  Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hi AttackofZaq,sincerely appreciate ur quick response.I installed the Hp software framework nd HP support assistant still d laptop dint bring out sound.I updated d sound through the support assistant update still dint bring any sound.Hope to find a solution to dis as soon as possible.Tankz

HP Recommended

Good morning emmanuelomotayo.

You should try the solutions offered in this document because the correct driver appears to be installed.  Make sure to post the results and any errors you receive during the process.

I'll keep an eye out for your next response.  Have a lovely day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

HP Recommended

i formated my hp elitebook 8460p with window 7 professional cause i accidentally deleted my recovery.i tried driving the sound with IDT sound driver which i downloaded from hp site still my notebook brings no sound.dont know what do.could anyone out there help out.

NOTE; i have install both the HP Software Framework and HP Support Assistant

HP Recommended

Hello philc334.

Is this the driver you have installed?

Did you try the document I posted above for emmanuelomotayo?

Also, I suggest you check your Device Manager and see if it is listing an audio device.  Try the following.

1. Click Start, type "Device Manager," and press Enter.
  2. Expand the "Sound, video, and game controller" section.
  3. Post what is listed there.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.  Have a lovely day!

HP Recommended

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
High Definition Audio Device

This is what is listed there.

HP Recommended

Try removing the devices and allowing Windows to reinstall them.  You'll just right click on each of the items listed under "Sound, video, and game controllers" and then select "Uninstall."  After the uninstall is complete you can reboot your computer and it will automatically reinstall the drivers.  Make sure to post the result.

Have a great afternoon!

HP Recommended

@ AttackofZag,still av not bein able to resolve d issue after implenting ur suggestions.hope to get d solution some day.tanx so mch 4 ur concern

HP Recommended

Good morning emmanuelomotayo.

I'd like you to run Microsoft's online diagnostic tool for sound issues.  Please post the results that it gives you.  Here is a link to the utility.

I look forward to your response and you're very welcome!  🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.