Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi All

Have an ElitePad tablet [Windows 8[ and it crashed so tuend off by holding down on/off switch. Now it won't turn back on at all. Am novice user - what do I do please?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. The Elite Pad appeared to lock up after I tried to play a downloaded video from Amazon. I tried to reset it by holding the power button but it didn't work. I just got it in the mail yesterday and now it doesn't work. HP support says that I should send it in for repair or get it replaced but I just got it brand new and I am getting ready to travel. So frustrating.  

(Edit) 

I noticed when I tried to reset the unit that a light flashed in the upper right hand corner of the tablet. I thought that this might be indicating not enough power to boot.  I had to leave the tablet plugged in for about twenty minutes and then it booted showing low power.  I finally got the ElitePad to turn on. I think that windows was not showing the correct battery level remaining and it just happened to turn off when I loaded the Amazon video. 

I am very glad because I already love this tablet and I hope that it lasts me a long time. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. The Elite Pad appeared to lock up after I tried to play a downloaded video from Amazon. I tried to reset it by holding the power button but it didn't work. I just got it in the mail yesterday and now it doesn't work. HP support says that I should send it in for repair or get it replaced but I just got it brand new and I am getting ready to travel. So frustrating.  

(Edit) 

I noticed when I tried to reset the unit that a light flashed in the upper right hand corner of the tablet. I thought that this might be indicating not enough power to boot.  I had to leave the tablet plugged in for about twenty minutes and then it booted showing low power.  I finally got the ElitePad to turn on. I think that windows was not showing the correct battery level remaining and it just happened to turn off when I loaded the Amazon video. 

I am very glad because I already love this tablet and I hope that it lasts me a long time. 

HP Recommended

Hi James

Solution worked a treat - many thanks

QuillBoy

HP Recommended

I have the same problem; "Elitepad won't turn on".  My Elitepad works great when it's on.  However, every time it re-boots, it won't turn back on.  Even if I plug it in overnight, I still have the problem with trying to get it to turn on. Push the button and nothing happens.

HP Recommended

Hi Tim-ElitePad,

I see that you're having a problem getting your Elitepad to turn on. Try removing the battery and the charger, with both removed press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. This will drain an extra power that still might be kicking around. Then reconnect the battery and try turning it on.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

The HP ElitePad is an integrated tablet (like an iPad).  You can not remove the battery...

HP Recommended

Hi Tim-ElitePad,

Is there any indication of power what so ever; screen flashing, lights blinking?  Have you tried charging it in a different outlet?

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have to play with it...   Hold on/off button for 60 sec, then try to turn it on.  It acts like it has no.  After play with the on/off button a hundred times, it will finally boot up.  Then everything is fine until I have to re-boot.  When it runs, everything is fine.  It sleeps fine (using the on/off button, it charges fine, it runs all the programs fine, it installs updates fine...   but if it re-boots, it's a pain to turn it back on.

HP Recommended

Hi Tim-ElitePad,

How do you normally shut off the tablet; do you just use the power button or use the Windows shutdown?

Thank you,

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I see you fixed your issue with the ElitePad. I am having the same problem, what did you do to fix it. the Answer to your problem wasn't posted, only, that you resolved it. Many Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.