HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-31-2012 09:32 AM
How old is it? Is it still under warrantee? Can you plug in an external keyboard and does it work?
Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.
07-31-2012 12:27 PM
Perform a hard reset:
- Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC.
- Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
- Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices.
- Press and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
- Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC; but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
- Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.
- If prompted to boot into Safe Mode or select a special type of start up, use the arrow keys to highlight Start Windows Normally , and then press the enter key.
07-31-2012 05:21 PM
Use the warranty and contact with HP. How to do it?
Check the link below and choose your country:
Contact HP Worldwide