Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hp mini 110 1125 nr wont boot up black screen with hp blue circle comes up with f10 and f9 but nothing happens  if I hold down f10 while starting american megatrends screen comes on but none of the buttons will work

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Turn OFF the Notebook and once its powered ON, keep Pressing F10 to load BIOS screen of the Notebook. In this screen under Diagnostics, run the test on hard drive and memory. Post back the results here.

Also in startup menu there is an alternate way where you can run F2 (System Diagnostics). The instructions can be found at below link
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01443317

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  I have searched and searched and no one has been able to help.   I reflashed to bios, replaced the ram and keyboard, disconnected the sound and usb card.  The only thing that has worked is to disconnect the power cord, battery (rechargeable) and then I removed the rtc battery (under the keyboard), let the netbook sit for a few hours.  After I hook everything back together the f9 and f10 options work until I make a hardware change then it reverts back to freezing at the F9/F10 option.

HP Recommended

Update.  I figured the only piece of hardware that I had not disconnected was the camera.  I disconnected it and the mini booted successfully.   I then plugged it back in and it is still working. 

HP Recommended

I have a HP Mini 110 too!! Same thing except that I get stuck on the log in screen and then an hour later System Recovery pops up and does nothing! Anybody that can help I would REALLY appreciate it!

HP Recommended

I have a laptop hp min, but I can't turn it on though i have connected it to  the power source. what is the solution for this problem?

HP Recommended

pressing f10 , no effect

HP Recommended

PRIMARY HARD DISK SELF TEST-     passed

MEMORY TEST-    passed

HP Recommended

Hello MangKanor,

I see that you are having start up problems with your computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

What happens when you start the computer normally without pressing any buttons?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

The problem was already fixed . i just removed the SD adapter in the memory card slot.    :LaughingTears:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.