Question

Honor Student
JayNava
Message 1 of 8 (9,361 Views)

hp pavilion g6 2249wm problem - powers up but won't boot up

It's a HP pavilion g6 2249wm it powers up but won't boot up it stuck in a black screen. It used to take me 10-20 times powering it up before it started. Now it has not booted up and I have tried almost all day just powering it up and it won't boot up. I checked the ram and it's okay. I also tried taking out the battery and holding the power button and powering it up to no avail.

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 2 of 8 (9,291 Views)

Re: hp pavilion g6 2249wm problem - powers up but won't boot up

Hi JayNava,

For the issue with your computer powering up, but not booting. I have included the following document, 'Computer Does not Start (Windows 8)'. This document explains many different error states and provides great troubleshooting steps.

If this document fails to resolve the issue, please let me know if there are any error messages. These messages can be displayed on the screen, beeping noises, or flashing lights.

Please let me know how this works out for you, thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
JayNava
Message 3 of 8 (9,278 Views)

It still does not boot up. Nothing is displayed in the screen and no beeping noises. There are no flashing lights. The only lights are the power button and the Wi-Fi light which is red.
HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 4 of 8 (9,260 Views)

Hi JayNava,

Thank you for the information. If you have completed all the steps in the following document, 'Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 8)'. Are you able to load into windows with out the battery installed, the issue is most likely with the battery.

Now if you are still not able to see the display screen, this would mean that the computer is having a hardware issue. At this point, please call technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
JayNava
Message 5 of 8 (9,236 Views)

It's not the battery. I guess it's a hardware problem I'll be calling technical support.

Tutor
rRIMO
Message 6 of 8 (9,160 Views)

i have a hp g6 2320tx but icannot boot it up pleasetell me how to boot it up

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 7 of 8 (9,132 Views)

Hi,

For your g6 2320tx notebook not booting up. I have included the following document, 'Computer Does not Start (Windows 8)'. Please select the symptoms that best apply to your situation, and follow through the steps in order.

Please let me know if you are able to boot up the computer, thank you.

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
BharatRaj
Message 8 of 8 (5,505 Views)

i have the same problem
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation