Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I uninstalled HP Support Assistant & Software Framework

Then rebooted

I cleared the event log before rebooting.  When the system finished loading I then checked the event log and there are still errors appearing in the HP Support Framework log

I checked the control panel and it does not show up as installed

Here are the errors (HP Software Framework)

hpCaslNotification

Event ID: 3

2012/06/12 18:51:23.251|00001430|Information|C::A{void(string[])}|Launched

CaslWmi

Event ID: 5

2012/06/12 18:51:17.105|00000A54|Error      |[CaslWmi]CommandFolio::A{hpCasl.enReturnCode(int&)}|Error 0xe_BIOS_INVALID_COMMAND_TYPE from BIOS WMI call Read/2Eh while getting Folio state

CaslWmi

Event ID: 4

2012/06/12 18:51:17.027|00000A54|Warning    |[CaslWmi]A::A{hpCasl.enReturnCode(object&)}|Error e_BIOS_INVALID_COMMAND_TYPE from BIOS WMI call Command/30h while getting EDID Data

I haven't even reinstalled anything yet

HP Recommended

Hi,

Carry on for the moment and install the new version of HP Software Framework, reboot and reinstall HPSA.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Did as requested and issue remains

1) Install HP Support Framework

2) Reboot

3) Install HP Support Assistant

4) Reboot

Here is the error again just in case

Faulting application name: hpasset.exe, version: 3.0.0.7, time stamp: 0x4f4667f7
Faulting module name: hpasset.exe, version: 3.0.0.7, time stamp: 0x4f4667f7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003df75
Faulting process id: 0x19e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd497b5061b576
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\HPAsset\hpasset.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\HPAsset\hpasset.exe
Report Id: 927d2c6d-b56e-11e1-8771-cc52af778c4a

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Unless you still have the installer, download the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below - the download links are towards the bottom of the page - and save the installer to your Downloads folder.

http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-support-assistant.html

Next, if you don't have an extraction utility installed, download and install 7-Zip.  Please note, if you have a 64bit installation, download and install the .msi 64-bit x64 installer on the link below.

http://www.7-zip.org/

Next, right click the HPSA installer you download earlier, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.  Open the newly extracted folder, right click on UninstallHPTCA and select 'Run as Administrator' - you may well see no progress of this attempted uninstallation, so leave the notebook to idle for a good 10 minutes before restarting it.

Open your Downloads folder and delete the ‘extracted HPSA folder’ so you are just left with the original installer you downloaded.

Now, run the Microsoft 'Fixit' on the link below and use it to install the new version of HPSA.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Tried the following but unable to install HP Support Assistant

1) Run uninstall as per previous message

2) CMD Window pops up showing 2 files copied (no names shown)
3) Message window appears "Completing Uninstall"
4) waited about 10 minutes

5) rebooted

a) Ran fixit and selected install assistance

b) HP Support Assistant not listed

c) used option "not listed"

d) fixit found no problems

e) unable to install

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.