Question

Student
bigscrag
Message 1 of 2 (60 Views)

hp sw5311uk

i have a hp sw5311uk. i only bought it recently but bought second hand. now when i turn it on it will only go as far as blue hp screen wit boot f11 ect on it & will not go any further. what i did notice is on the front of the tower unit itself, next to the blue wifi light theres another light which i think is orange (i'm colourblind so could be green ha) but its a light which looks like 3 discs. it flashes a couple of times & then stops flashing. as far as i know, when it was working that light used to flash all the time. does anyone have any idea what the problem might be please? 

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 2 (50 Views)

Re: hp sw5311uk

Hi,

The Led by the three discs is probably the Hard Drive activity indicator so it may be that the drive has failed.  See if you can access the bios and try the following.

Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at f10 as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu.  If you are able to access this menu, under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation