06-28-2013 08:09 PM
My Hp2000 Notebook with Windows 8 freezes a lot, and I have only had it a couple of months. It freezes randomly while using Internet explorer (both from desktop or the app), Google Chrome, and during other programs. I've scanned for viruses and don't have very many programs or any big games installed. Also, sometimes when it freezes, after I turn it off and back on, it freezes again before it even finishes booting up. Anybody have any idea why it's doing this or how to fix it??
06-29-2013 04:56 AM
First, completely shutdown the notebook by holding down the Shift key as you click on 'Shutdown'.
Tap away at the esc key as soon as you start the notebook to access the Start-up Menu and then select the Diagnostic options (f2). Run all the tests available here ( start with the Hard Drive and Memory tests ).
If any test fails, post back with the error code and the test it relates to.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)