Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
I turned on my laptop under safe mode and the regular way.. when it comes to me entering my password nothing comes up at the bottom it just says Windows 7. what can i do to fix this or how can i reset my laptop.. please help
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Note:  If the option to run these tests is not available in the Bios Menu, use the f2 diagnostic menu instead.

Can you also post back with the following details.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information.

2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 64bit ).

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
In the safe mode,I logged on with the administrator account. While deleting some other user account i created, the system went off on low battery. While charging the system I tried loging in again but no way.
I now have two accounts to switch to nd fro: admin account and 'othe user'(no image ) account,both of which i cant have access to.
The response from the admin account is: "your account has been disabled,pls see you system administrator"

The 'othe user' account requires user name and password both of which do I have! Pls help
HP Recommended
I have tried system recovery by pressing esc nd f11 several time bt al to no avail
HP Recommended

Hi CharlesDkeyng:

Hope you are having a good day!  

I understand while editing the account information your laptop turned off because of a low battery, and now you are unable to access it.  I am here to help!

I am sending you a link to the Microsoft document on "Reset your Windows password" click here.

If you are still having difficulties, will you tell me what model computer you have and what operating system you are running so I could be of further assistance.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

My laptop can't login.  

HP Recommended
Hi i cant log in too my laptop.
I know the password and have restarted the laptop.
But it still wont let me log in.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.