in built mouse problem (97 Views)
Student
nick002
Message 1 of 2 (97 Views)

in built mouse problem

i have hp pavilion g series notebook, daily i encounter problems with the mouse,  it very difficult to control, it affects the zoom % of the screen without this being required.I often have to re-set it.

Please can anyone advise?

many thanks.

Distinguished Professor
AxshunJaxun
Message 2 of 2 (66 Views)

Re: in built mouse problem

Hey nick002,

This issue may be caused by out-of-date drivers.

It would be helpful to know what the product number is on your notebook. Here are the steps to find your product number. I will also need to know if you're running Window 7 or 8, and which touchpad driver version and BIOS version you have. To find the touchpad driver version:

On Windows 7 go to Start > Type "device" > Click on Device Manager > Expand the Mice and other pointing devices section > Double Click on the item listed there (it is most likely 'Synaptics') > Click on the Driver tab > Make note of the driver version number and post in your reply.

On Windows 8 Press Windows Key + Q to bring up the Search Bar > Type "device" > Click Settings below the Search Bar > Click on Device Manager in the results on the left >  Expand the Mice and other pointing devices section > Double Click on the item listed there (it is most likely 'Synaptics') > Click on the Driver tab > Make note of the driver version number and post in your reply.

To find the BIOS driver, follow the same initial steps as above, but instead of typing in "device" in the search bar, type in "msinfo32" and click on "msinfo32.exe". In the System Information window, look for BIOS Version/Date (see attached picture). Copy and paste the information to the right of BIOS Version/Date in the value column, into your reply.

Please let me know if you have any questions! I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation