issue about my hp 650 notebook (468 Views)
Top Student
machisio
Message 1 of 4 (468 Views)

issue about my hp 650 notebook

just this morning my laptop wont come on, i've removed the battery and put it back yet itwont come, please i need help

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (465 Views)

Re: issue about my hp 650 notebook

Hi machisio,

Try a hard reset as follows:

1) Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter. 
2) Press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.
3) Plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now. The led near where you plugged it i should light up)
4) Press the power button

If your notebook starts up...fantastic. :smileyhappy:

You can install the battery with your notebook powered up by the AC power adapter. Do that and start the HP suport Assistant. Go to the Battery and Performance section and then run the battery test. 

Please post your positive or negative results here in your thread.

Best regards,

erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
machisio
Message 3 of 4 (462 Views)

I hibernate the system after use and some hours later, tried to power it on again but it doesn't boot at all and it was just giving some kind of crack sound, ive followed your direction but it didnt come on instead the cracking sound is still sounding. the system is just over a month old.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (457 Views)

Hi,

Based on your reported  results, you should contact HP Total Care for your region to arrange for warranty service for your notebook.

Best regards,

erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation