Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

If I turn on my lap top and adjust the screen so it is a hair short of vertical the screen flickers and different color lines start going through.  If I open the screen all the way(about 160 degrees it stops.  I can also close it to abot 45 degress and it stops.

HP Recommended

I still have a prepaid box to send it in for repair--I think I may do that as they extended my warranty.  Are these g6s bad computers?

HP Recommended

To be honest, not really, I am using an HP g6 computer right now and 5+ years it is still good going it just  gets a bit warm, I usually use my compressed gas which can last about half an year.

Well, you should send it to repair since you have warranty, I do recommend you to PM an Expert today for help you could also look for hp employees which have the hp logo above their name tag.

I am very sorry that I don't work for hp, I am just volunteering.

Sorry because of different timezone I might not be able to help/reply you right away.IF that happens I deeply apologize!
**Click the White thumb if you like the answer.**
**Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem and only solves your problem, if you have any more questions please ask, this also helps others to solve related issues.**
Feel yourself like home here, we are all happy to help, if you have an question reply or start a topic or pm me or an expert.
HP Recommended

I DID IT! i figured out what was causing the laptop to freeze i have an Hp pavillion G6 that freezes when moved and i went to this forum for help, but i realized you all didnt know what was causing it, you see the problem is the screw that held the Atheros model AR5B125 Wifi card had become loose allowing it to be jostled when the computer was moved now this is a bad design because they tapped the whole with too small a screw and i just tapped it with a bigger screw and put some foam cusioning and what do you know the computer stopped freezing. This issue may also lead to the shorting out of the wifi card if it gets moved during operation i got lucky and my card still works. It seems that when i moved the computer it slightly moved the card causing the computer to freeze or when on startup it caused the card not to be recognized. My reccommendation is to open your computer and reseat the card into a firm position maybe do what i did and put a slightly larger screw in to stop it from wiggling but if this fried your card then id buy a new one. I really hope this helps i made an account just to tell yall this so i hope it wasnt in vain. Everyone have a nice night and i really really hope this helped! :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.