Question

Honor Student
gandyca
Message 1 of 4 (645 Views)
Accepted Solution

laptop freezing

Hello! I have a compaq presario cq60 615DX. I have had it for about 2-3 years so the warranty is over but its still too young to be dying on me!  It isn't really dying though, just being difficult.  Everytime I watch a movie online via netflix, youtube, etc. at some point my laptop will freeze and begin a loud buzzing noise.  The noise and freezing continues for about 1-5 minutes generally.  I have done multiple full system virus scans and have been protected by norton.  I also did a microsoft system check of malware and that is not the problem either.  I also have done a hardware and memory check and both passed.  Does anyone have ANY idea what this could be and how I can fix it!?

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 2 of 4 (605 Views)

Re: laptop freezing

Hey gandyca

I see that you're having an issue with the notebook freezing on you.

Please take a look at this document to try and clean up some temporary files for performance issues.

Now, for the loud noises it could be the fan giving you that issue . Follow this document to try and reduce the noise.

One of the steps in this document mentions updating your BIOS. It depends on what OS you have ( Windows 7 32,64 , Vista or Xp ). I will post the link for each OS for whichever one you have. :smileyhappy: 

If you don't know which one if your OS, you can go to the Start menu> Right click computer > Select properties > Look under the sections that says system > Then it should say it right now to system type:

Honor Student
gandyca
Message 3 of 4 (531 Views)

accept as solution! thanks so much!

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 4 of 4 (521 Views)

Hey no problem at all. If you need anything else please let us know :smileyhappy:

THX

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation