laptop keeps shutting down/overheating? (2623 Views)
Top Student
tangeranges
Message 1 of 3 (2,623 Views)

laptop keeps shutting down/overheating?

[ Edited ]

Hi! I'm barely using my laptop, or maybe just watching a few videos online here and there, and then my laptop gets super hot (even when it's idle, it's several degrees C higher than I'm comfortable with/normal) and then at some point, if i open my webcam or photoshop or something, it'll just shut down. i'm pretty sure it's an overheating problem, but it's only been happening as of late. I'm sorry there aren't any better details, this is the best I can explain my problem. Any help/advice would be appreciated!

thank you!

Teacher
mancy_techno
Message 2 of 3 (1,243 Views)

Re: laptop keeps shutting down/overheating?

Hi,

Overheating is considered as one of the major causes of shutdown problems in laptops.

When any laptop runs, it generates heat and if it does not cool down, it may result in random shutdowns.

Thus, to get rid of this issue with your HP laptop, you should keep it on a flat surface and allow the fans underneath to work.

The use of cooling pads for laptops is also recommended. This helps in removing the excess heat.

Get more information to fix HP Laptop Keeps shutting down :

http://supportforhp.iyogi.com/laptop-keeps-shutting-off.html

Hope this information helps you.

Set peace of mind as your highest goal,and organize your life around it.
Student
Biil-in-TX
Message 3 of 3 (1,084 Views)

Re: laptop keeps shutting down/overheating?

Oddly enough, I use an external cooling fan beneath the laptop and the laptop still shuts down when overheated.  I have to keep a room fan on it constantly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation