Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Glad to hear that you're up and running! If you want, you can download Speedfan just because it is a good tool to have in case of just such issues. It would have told you that the hard drive was fine and then you would have run the WSS. So, if I were you I would download it!  Have a good one!

If it were a rattler. . . .

HP Recommended

I'm using this method because it is the solution however its been scanning for over 40 hours now and is still not complete what should I do? Do I restart laptop?

HP Recommended

@JimzDaGreat,

Hello, you've got something else going on if it's been running a s-scan for forty hours. What you should do even though this is drastic and should never be done unless an extreme instance is contributing to computer OS failure is disconnect the laptop's main power brick from the laptop or outlet, where the laptop is now running on only the battery, then hold down the power button until the laptop clicks and powers down quite rudely, then disconnect the battery from its cradle, once the laptop is disconnected from all power sources you can then finally hold down the power button, without any power source connected to the laptop, ie: no battery, no power brick; and hold that power button for a good thirty seconds, after this 30 second pause, please reconnect the power brick, but absolutely not the battery, and attempt to restart the laptop. Once the laptop has resumed properly functioning, you may then reseat the battery in the laptop's battery cradle.

To continue with the repairs of the OS, please goto the following MS site:

http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/  Look for: 'FIX PERFORMANCE, ERRORS OR CRASHES' and follow the link/directions.

'I am a :smileyhappy: volunteer!

If it were a rattler. . . . Rattle Snake, that is. . . .

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.