Question

Student
amber83090
Message 1 of 2 (150 Views)

left mouse button

i have an HP dv7-3160us laptop and my left mouse button is super sensitive. it causes text to insert in random places or select and delete, it'll make windows pop up five times or drag them from tabs to self windows, and in games it will create switches or deletions spontaneously. it's to the point that i think heat from my fingers will set it off. does this sound like a problem with the button itself, or the computer?

Intern
Hp-Guy1887
Message 2 of 2 (138 Views)

Re: left mouse button

Hello amber83090,

There maybe a physical issue with the mouse button or a issue with the drivers for the mouse device. I would recommend the following steps to began troubleshooting your issue:

1.) Boot into Safe Mode to eliminate any software conflicts and test the mouse button:

• At the first screen on restart, before the HP or Windows logo appears, press the f8 key repeatedly.
  • When prompted, select the Safe Mode with Networking option.
  • Log onto the computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

2.) If the issue is present in safe mode:

There maybe a defect issue with your mouse button which should be covered under your warrenty

3.) If the issue is "NOT" present in safe mode

Than reinstall or update our Synaptics Touchpad device drivers from the HP Support Site:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4121...

{{{ !!!Please click the Kudos icon if my assistance was helpful in troubleshooting your issue!!!}}}

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation