Question

Honor Student
kenrepine
Message 1 of 6 (1,839 Views)

mouse freezing

I am having an issue with my mouse pad freezing up. This occurs after a period of time when the computer hasn't been used. The only way I can un freeze it is to reboot the computer. I have a wireless mouse also. I have tried with and without the wireless mouse connected. Either way the mouse freezes up after a period of time without activity.

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 6 (1,836 Views)

Re: mouse freezing

Could you please post complete product/model number of your Notebook? You can use link below to find this info
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?tmp_renderType=findModel&cc=us&dlc=&docname=c00033108&lc...

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Honor Student
kenrepine
Message 3 of 6 (1,826 Views)

HP G62-355DX Notebook PC This is the model number of HP I am experiencing the mouse freeze or it could be windows freeze. I suppose it could be either one.

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 4 of 6 (1,802 Views)

If the issue is just related to touchpad , download updated drivers from here . 

Note:

Kindly ensure you uninstall drivers through Control Panel > Programs and Features , reboot the computer and then install latest one

If notebook feezes, when you are using an external mouse I would suggest you run a complete diagnostics on your Notebook.

Turn OFF the Notebook and once its powered ON, keep Pressing F10 to load BIOS screen of the Notebook. In this screen under Diagnostics, run the test on hard drive and memory. Post back the results here.

Also in startup menu there is an alternate way where you can run F2 (System Diagnostics). The instructions can be found at below link
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01443317

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Honor Student
kenrepine
Message 5 of 6 (1,796 Views)

Thanks for the response. I had done checked for updated drivers prior to submitting post to the forum. I have since found the solution. It wasn't the mouse freezing persay. It was windows freezing up. I read up on potential reasons and found that the add ons ( toobars ) associated with Internet explorer can cause these issues. I disabled all toobars except google. Once I had done this. I rebooted windows. I haven't had any isses with freezing since I took  this measure. The issue came up when leaving windows up and idle for a long period of time. I used this same method to make sure the issue was resolved.

Agin thanks for your response.

Student
terrye0715
Message 6 of 6 (1,703 Views)

can you tell me why my mouse keeps freezing on my laptop and i have to reboot it everytime

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation