Question

Student
jamesengman
Message 1 of 7 (7,568 Views)

my fan has stopped working. pavilion g7. overheats and errors. is there a way to fix it myself?

It's a very new computer. fan just stopped turning on....

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 7 (7,562 Views)

Re: my fan has stopped working. pavilion g7. overheats and errors. is there a way to fix it myself?

Please give the full notebook part number (g7______) .  Could the fan be plugged with dust/lint/hair? Vacuum or use a can of compressed air in the reverse direction of the normal air flow.  Once you give the full model we can find the manual that will give you instructions for disassembly.  I recommend you use a notebook cooling pad.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Tutor
fourmatic
Message 3 of 7 (7,515 Views)

Re: my fan has stopped working. pavilion g7. overheats and errors. is there a way to fix it myself?

[ Edited ]

Working solution.

Turn off---remove battery---shake notebook(vertical pos).Tap on vent cover(gently aprox 5 times)

Put battery back---turn on..IF you see alert message again(black screen--cooler is not working..etc) ENTER anyway.

RUN SpeedFan programm(freeware). RUN CHKDSC.exe .Wait 10 min..

Cooler off(GPU aprox 60-68) Cooler on(GPU not more than 43-45) FOR G series only.DM or DV have normal 55-60..

Must help.

Try this procedure 3-4 times.

If it doesnt help--cooler is dead.Warranty repair is reccomended...HP G series is almost stable and powerfull toy.

Cooler is the most long lasting thing in notebooks at all.

Post here a reply if it helps.It will be usefull for others HP owners.

Student
mnarvaja
Message 4 of 7 (7,239 Views)

My HP g7 model number is: g7-1365dx

And I have the same problem, could you send me the instructions to remove and replace the fan please?

Honor Student
kesno
Message 5 of 7 (5,360 Views)

i have a pavilion g7-2325dx laptop. i live in jamaica. what can i do to repair my system cooling fan...it stoped working suddenly. its only three moths old. please help.

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 6 of 7 (5,331 Views)

@kesno

You state that your fan is not working, is that correct? I will be happy to help you. 

Are you receiving an error message referring to issues with the fan? 

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.
Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
Honor Student
kesno
Message 7 of 7 (5,308 Views)

yes something about system fan (90)b error

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation