Re: my laptop is hanging (1612 Views)
Student
kotasatyanaraya
Message 1 of 4 (1,688 Views)

my laptop is hanging

good morning

my laptop is freezing, some times hanging, some times after switching on it shows  FAT32

How to resolve this,  some times the key board letters are not working perfectly

KOTA SATYANARAYANA

PhD Student
Knute
Message 2 of 4 (1,659 Views)

Re: my laptop is hanging

Model? OS?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Honor Student
    Essamfyz
    Message 3 of 4 (1,622 Views)

Hi I have a HP HDX16-1354CA laptop I bought early last year, recently I have started getting Hard disk hangs. The HD light occisonally becomes a solid light for a min or two and then starts to work as normal..but I keep getting them hangs after every 10-15 mins or so. I have updated the BIOS which resolved the issue for like 3 hrs, but then it started again. Have run chkdsk but no errors reported, updated all the drivers. still no luck in fixing the hang. And the occasional solver i found was to reinstall windows every time i get the hang, and believe it or not I reinstall every 2-3 weeks and have done so for the past 3 mons, but now its getting worse than annoying. Help please.

PhD Student
    Knute
    Message 4 of 4 (1,612 Views)

Essamfyz wrote:

Hi I have a HP HDX16-1354CA laptop I bought early last year, recently I have started getting Hard disk hangs. The HD light occisonally becomes a solid light for a min or two and then starts to work as normal..but I keep getting them hangs after every 10-15 mins or so. I have updated the BIOS which resolved the issue for like 3 hrs, but then it started again. Have run chkdsk but no errors reported, updated all the drivers. still no luck in fixing the hang. And the occasional solver i found was to reinstall windows every time i get the hang, and believe it or not I reinstall every 2-3 weeks and have done so for the past 3 mons, but now its getting worse than annoying. Help please.

Go into the BIOS (press F10 when you see the HP splash screen on bootup) and navigate to the Diagnostics Tab, then select Memory and/or Hard Drive tests and see if either of those return an error.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation