Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how can i fix it

HP Recommended

Please help us! I have also the same problem, i was playing then suddendly my laptop hanged and restart but it doens't start up anymore. it says theres no bootable device and "please install OS" i tried to run diagnostic test the memory is ok but Hard drive is not detected it says "not installed", i already tried to reseat the hard drive but nothing happens. What should we do. Please help us HP SUPPORT TEAM, i cant afford to lose my important files in my Hard Drive. please Solve this problem regarding your products.

HP Recommended

not sure what happened. was using it and everything was fine, left the room for maybe 5 minutes, came back and the screen was on the start up menu saying "Boot Device Not Found" under that it said "Please install an operating system on your hard disk" and under that "Hard Disk - (3F0)" after running the offered diagnostics tests the problem seems to be the hard disk. what happened and more importantly what do i do? the computer hasnt had any problems, hasnt been running slow, shouldnt have any viruses, and like i said i was using it not 5 minutes before this and it was running smoothly. im writing this on a friends laptop and i really need to get my own back.

Help please. 

HP Recommended

MY LAPTOP IS HANY BY USING HALF AN HOUR 

HP Recommended

HP ENVY 15t-k100 Windows 7 Business Laptop downgraded os .. first day  ,just clicked windows update , blue screen and then hdd not found. pc hardware diagnostic failed. 

HP Recommended
I updated the bios on my DV6 6053ea and my apps would not load, I tried to remove the latest bios and was trying a few resets quickly when I got this no hard disk Error like above. I tried another harddisk and it boots up. I really hope leaving the hard disk out for 45 minutes will fix it because all my work is on it.

What can I try to repair the hard disk?
HP Recommended

Mijn laptop Compac NC 6400 is geinstalleerd met Win 7

Ik wil een dual boot maken met XP.

Tijdens het installeren van XP geeft hij aan dat er geen harde schij aanwezig is.

Ook bij een geheel nieuwe installatie geeft hij dezelfde melding weer.het is ook niet mogelijk om een virtueel station te maken

Hoe los ik dit op??

vr.gr.

Ge

HP Recommended
I turned off computer and restarted tapping f10 quickly. Then screen comes up asking exit saving changes.say no.the top says main. Security. System configuration. Exit. Go to exit. Click load setup defaults. Enter. Then itllask load setup defaults. Say yes.exit saving changes. It fixed mine!!!
HP Recommended

I found this video useful but what if my laptop still says hard drive error after replacing Hdd? Do i have to buy a new hard drive? I think my Hdd has crashed. Is there any other solution cause i dont wanna lose my data. Thank you!

HP Recommended
Hi there could you please explain how to do the hard drive reseat? So helpless right now! Please help
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.