Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

This time i tried your hard boot and i still have no device foundm Though I did get the message hard disk <3Fo> please install an operating system .

It keeps asking me to load device drivers  to continue . I dont know what driver they want  ????

HP Recommended

You may have to check by trying to swap to the C: drive or it may be listed a 😧  Try Dir C: or dir 😧 and see if you can get a response listing of what is on either of these drives

HP Recommended
Thank you all SO MUCH. I was able to complete a system restore on an older HP laptop. It suffered a head crash after being shifted to a lower potential energy by some toddlers. Replaced it with a solid state drive, a smaller size than the HDD.

I was getting stuck after the restore completed. Going into the command prompt as described and running bootmcr.exe fixed it. I ejected disk 1 before it restarted. I'm currently watching the HP software Installation go through its process, but Windows 7 is back and running!
HP Recommended

I don't find any way to get to a command prompt.

HP Recommended

This totally works for my HP laptop which i bought in 2010! After you recover, with your disc 1 in the tray, go to command prompt and type bootrec|fixmbr followd by bootrec|fixboot and this will install your software and you will be able to boot after that!

HP Recommended

Thank you so very much.  After going through all the system recovery options (factory reset, minimal, etc) I was getting no where, but your guide helped. 

Kudos 🙂

HP Recommended

Look for 'advance options'  it a long time since I saw these screens!   

It might help if you told us what you had done and what you have on screen.    Can't quite make out the text from here,  must be getting old.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.