Question

Student
Xendoshi
Message 1 of 2 (433 Views)

pavilion g7 1255dx won't power up

Greetings!

I am trying to troubleshoot my mothers notebook.

Hp pavilion g7 1255dx.

Her waranty expired about 2 months ago.
She had this problem twice before her waranty expired but they (HP) Said that there was nothing wrong both times.

She has on it win 7 ultimate x64 (retail since her waranty expired two months ago)
Default hardware from hp.

I build my own pc's so i am fairly knowlageable with hardware.

The problem is that the notebook will not turn on with the ac pluged in with the battery in/out
Or with just the battery.

Powerlight does the following:
A/C with battery: goes from white to orange.
A/C without battery: flashes white three times then turns solid white.

I find the whole problem odd here is why:

Yesterday: It worked fine all day. Did not overheat.
Decided to reformat and reinstalled the os as well as all the updates/drivers, restarted few times as well as turned it off and went somewhere for a few hours came back turned on just fine. Turned it off went to bed.

Today: Dead as a door nail. Will not turn on for nothing. Did not recive any errors yesterday while installing the os or any updates. No errors on regular operation either. No POST errors.

Yestetday I also preformed memory tests using memtest86 & memtest86+ with no errors reported.

I am away from the house right now but when i return going to take out the hdd and use my pc to run some tests on it. I also have a spare hdd that i will try out on the notebook just for trouble shooting though I doubt the hdd could be the problem.

Only thing that it could be that i can think of is either the power button or a mobo problem.

If it is one of the two where can I buy the parts?

If anyone can think of anything to try. Please let me know. I'll report back on the hdd tests when i get home.

Thank's,
Xendoshi
Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 2 of 2 (419 Views)

Re: pavilion g7 1255dx won't power up

Hello Xendoshi,

That is pretty strange.  I'll provide some troubleshooting steps to try as well as info where you can get part #'s and order replacements.

Take a look at this document to troubleshoot the battery/power adapter issue

Take a look at this document to view troubleshooting steps to test the HD

Take a look at this document to view your manuals, get part #'s, etc. and here to order parts.

Please let me know if this helps resolve your issue. 

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation