Question

Student
great_gander
Message 1 of 3 (86 Views)

programs stopping and crashing

my hp laptop has started have problems. All the browsers and programs stop working orcrash shortly after they are opwned. Any ideas?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (84 Views)

Re: programs stopping and crashing

Without your providing the operating system name and type along with the complete product number or product name of your notebook it would be extremely difficult to make any suggestion.

HP has produced and brought to market more than a thousand different models of notebooks and desktop PCs over the years. It is difficult to help you if we don't know which specific model you own..

Method #1: If the notebook will boot into Windows, you can retrieve your Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key.

Method #2:
Remove the battery and look in the compartment where the battery was installed. You should see a Service tag with printed part number and a product name. Please post the p/n (with all alphanumeric characters) here.  Also post the installed CPU type. (AMD or Intel)

service tag laptop.png

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Professor
Charles001
Message 3 of 3 (58 Views)

Re: programs stopping and crashing

Have you cleaned the temp files recently? Browsers may leave huge amount of temp files and when they reach the preset limit, or your disk is getting full, this may happen. I would try delete all temp files in your browser (use the delete temp file option in your browser). Then maybe run "diskclean", removing junk system temp files. If you need help on the cleaning, post what is your OS/version, which browser version, and info like free disk space etc.
======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation