Question

Tutor
pzmiller
Message 1 of 7 (7,633 Views)

recovery disk full

hp GL995UA#ABA Pavilion dv6000 vista 32-bit. my system is running extremely slow and it is not infected with any viruses.  i just noticed that the recovery drive is almost full while my disk space on my c drive has only 92gbs.

1. what is on the recovery drive and

2. can i delete stuff that i don't need?

i do not want to do a system restore.

thank you.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 7 (7,623 Views)

Re: recovery disk full

Hi:

Please read the info at the link below to see if it is of any help.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01508532&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Paul

Tutor
pzmiller
Message 3 of 7 (7,609 Views)

Paul, I followed the link but i am not able to see the actual files. i unchecked hidden files but they do not show up on d drive.  any other way around that?

local disk c: 90.5gb free of 142gb

hp recovery d: 707mb free of 6.58gb

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 7 (7,607 Views)

Hi:

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you.

Are you getting that disk full error shown in the link?

Because if you're not, it is normal to see that the recovery partition is almost full.

If you haven't saved any files on it, then you're fine.

Paul

Tutor
pzmiller
Message 5 of 7 (7,591 Views)

thanks Paul.
PhD Student
Knute
Message 6 of 7 (7,579 Views)

I'm hoping you are on Windows 7...  If so then right click 'My Computer' and select 'Properties' under the 'System Protection' tab look for the 'Configure' button and click it.  From there you can delete previous restore points, and change the amount of space the system is allowed to user for restore points.  It will also show you how much space you've used up.  You may also want to create a new system restore point after cleaning those out in case SHTF and you need to recover.  The new point should be much smaller in size than the sum of all previous points that you just deleted.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• Student
    cartoc6
    Message 7 of 7 (7,121 Views)

I followed the document, and I'm trying to delete a download file.  I keep getting this message when I try to delete the file:

"There is not enough space on the disk to perform this operation"

What does this mean?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation