Re: sometimes the keys on my keyboard won't work at all and sometimes one touch types unending strin (3115 Views)
Student
afuller68
Message 1 of 2 (3,121 Views)

sometimes the keys on my keyboard won't work at all and sometimes one touch types unending strings.

Pavilion dv6-1359wm

my keys have recently become unusable. very few keys work and when they do, they type unending strings of letters. i believe that the only letters that work are the asdfjkl line of keys. backspace, delete, caps lock and num lock won't work either. anyone have any ideas on what happened? could it be caused by a virus?

Top Student
jesses
Message 2 of 2 (3,115 Views)

Re: sometimes the keys on my keyboard won't work at all and sometimes one touch types unending strin

Doubtful this is a virus.  If you plug in an external USB keyboard, you would know for sure.  Take a look at this document:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01859609.pdf

Look at page 20 and beyond, you'll see the laptop keyboard comes out pretty easily.  I would do a little surgery and make sure the connection of the keyboard to the motherboard is secure.  It's not nearly as invasive as it sounds.  Many times, that cable which just slips into the connector has worked its way out and you're just not getting good contact.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation