Question

Student
dberry1978
Message 1 of 9 (2,739 Views)

split x2 keyboard

I have a split x2. When I dock my tablet with the keyboard i hear a clicking sound and the keyboard does not work. Could i just restart the keyboard? if so how do i do that? Thanks!

Master's Graduate
Siby_M
Message 2 of 9 (2,667 Views)

Re: split x2 keyboard

Hi,

Can you please give me the Product Number or the Model Number of your Notebook so that I can try finding the necessary drivers and updates for your Notebook? Please do not provide the Serial Number publicly here as it is personal information. 

!------------------- Please click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'. Please mark 'Accept as Solution' if it answers/solves your problem. Thank you-----------------------------------------------------------------!

I am an HP Employee. 

Honor Student
kuinbi
Message 3 of 9 (2,613 Views)

I have the same problem, the keyboard dock doesnt respond when the tablet is locked in or to the AC plug.mIt's justdead

product number E0W59UA#ABA

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 4 of 9 (2,591 Views)

Hello kuinbi. I understand you are having keyboard issues on your Split x2, when docked or plugged in. If you can review the maintenance and servicing manual for this product, it will contain information you can utilize to troubleshoot the issue: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03958968.pdf

It is definitely a glitch, that may require the product to be serviced. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
alleny87
Message 5 of 9 (2,550 Views)

I just started having the same issue. Wth whom do i have to get in touch with to get my laptop serviced?

Honor Student
kuinbi
Message 6 of 9 (2,546 Views)

Hi i ran the troubleshooter but it didn't help. At one point it asked me to "press" some keys but the keyboard is not even working, as if it didnt have a battery (and the AC adapter is not responding)
How can I get t serviced?
Honor Student
weymouthdg
Message 7 of 9 (1,777 Views)

The best method to fix this is to download the new Intel Graphics hardware Driver for it. Do the flash upgrade for Windows 8.1 first.

You may do this by undocking it and using it as a tablet, but please, once you are done typing, put it back on the keyboard dock so you don't lose power while the upgrade is being done.

Student
A2000
Message 8 of 9 (1,195 Views)

i have a hp split 13 x2 and my keyboard dosent work i  put and it clicks and it dosent work i tried resarting it, shuting it down i really need help 

Honor Student
weymouthdg
Message 9 of 9 (1,186 Views)

Did you try using the new Intel Graphics driver? Just use the on screen keyboard to install the driver.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation