Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

This is not helping me out. Kindly update firmware and software of the touchpad. It starts working on plugging and unplugging the power cable of laptop.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. I tried the solution with no lock. 

Why do i have only one generic usb hub??

HP Recommended
I get to the device manager and that is as far as I can go since my mouse is not working..... What do I do now?
HP Recommended

you will only see one generic usb hub, if the keyboard dock is not attached.  Just got thru working one of these and with just the one disabled (for the screen I assume) it still was acting up.  After a reboot and the keyboard was attached I disabled the second one and restarted.  Everything has been fine now.  I also installed the latest bios release for this unit which helps with any keyboard issues

HP Recommended

Use your finger to expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers, try tapping on the |> arrow.  The fix is detailed here

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/split-x2-touchpad-problem/td-p/3361831

HP Recommended

I was having this problem for months until the last update a few days ago.  

I've been using it on and off (mostly off) for the last few months. I really like it but the constant freezing and lag was simply frustrating and been using my cheapo desktop PC more.

Now that it's back to when I first purchased it, I'm beginning to love it again. I just hope that any future updates won't screw it up again.

HP Recommended

I tried the USB hub fix and it did not work for me. What can I try now. As a work around ctrl something (i don't recall at the moment) and that will get the curser moving again. It;s the std MS cmd for locating the curser, I've just spaced it out at the moment. I'd prefer that The curser not freeze at all though.

HP Recommended

I tried the USB hub fix and it did not work for me. What can I try now. As a work around ctrl key to locate the curser and that will unfreeze it in most cases. I'd prefer that it didn't freeze at all.

HP Recommended

This didn't work for me. Any other solutions?

HP Recommended

HELLO DP-K!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THE FIX FOR THIS ISSUE, I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THIS WITHOUT RESOLUTION UNTIL I READ YOUR POST AND CHANGED THE POWER MANAGEMENT ON THE USB GENERIC HUB AS INTRUCTED...

THANKS AGAIN, AND GOD BLESS YOU DP-K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.