Question

Top Student
moparfan1234
Message 1 of 6 (446 Views)
Accepted Solution

super slow startup or not at all

i have a HP g60 535dx laptop that at first started one day with a stuck at the anamated windows logo thenerror windows files was missing or something so i did a reformat and recovery with the disks. even after that start ups from a complete shut down is 10-30 mins also shut down would take over 5 mins. right now as i type this i have been waiting a good 30 mins for it to startup. it gets all the way to the anamated windows thing with the black back ground and that is where it stops for a long time. as i said it has been stuck there for over 30 mins right now!

any help would be great! thanks!

Grad Student
mct007
Message 2 of 6 (430 Views)

Re: super slow startup or not at all

UNINSTAL UNWANTED SOFTWARES FROM COMPUTER AND REMOVE FILES FROM DESKTOP AND

edit your star up programs and remove the unwanted soft from that 4 tht you just follow this

start menu

run

type msconfig

a new window will open in tht you can see startup click on that ther you can see many
 programs list with tic mark     untick   unwanted startup softs ,,
  eg yahoo,,google ,skype etc etc dont untic any system softwares
if you did so i dont know wt will happen,,i didnt tried that yet. and also delete temp files from c using

start menu

type run

type %temp%

and select all from the new window

and delete ,,also from bin

TIPS:
     GO TO TASK MANAGER
     THEIR YOU CAN SEE PROCESSES (in windows 7)
     IN THAT YOU CAN FIND THE SOFTWARES THAT YOU MANUALY INSTALED LIKE ANTIVIRUS,YAHOO ETC  RYT CLICK ON THAT
     SO YOU CAN SEE AN OPTION "SET PRIORITY" CLICK ON THAT AND MAKE IT LOW

(I DONT KNOW THIS METHOD IS  RECOMENTED OR NOT BUT I DID AND EVERYTHING IS FINE FOR ME)

best of luck

<<<------DONT 4GET TO CLICK ON THE KUDO STAR ON THE RYT SIDE TO SAY THANKS IF I HELPED YOU .
I AM NOT AN HP EMPLOYE ,SO  YOUR RESPONDS GIVE ME INSPIRATION TO CONTINUE IN THE FORM.......

Provost
DavidPK
Message 3 of 6 (430 Views)

Hi,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
moparfan1234
Message 4 of 6 (418 Views)

i did do the tests from the BOIS a few days ago but they claimed everything was ok. it never did load up from the time of my first posting. all it does now is hang up in the same place never going anywhere and no error messages this time. but i did try to use my DVD for linux and just run it from the DVD and used the built in tests from linux. that did find a hard drive problem. so i have a new one on order and should be here monday! the test said the hard drive couldn't read or right to the disk and a falty head or disk is the problem. Inspection of the hard drive shows it has been pryed on and i'm sure some one was inside of it at one time.

thanks guy for jumping right in to help out! i will post a reply when i find out for sure if it is the hard drive or not.

does this forum allow kudos for 2 people? I think you both need one for the prompt help even know i figured it out on my own. ( i was lucky this time lol)

Grad Student
mct007
Message 5 of 6 (407 Views)

ITS GOOD TO KNOW THAT YOUR PROBLEM SOLVED

YOU ARE WELCOME

WE ARE IN THE FORM TO HELP PEOPLES LIKE YOU

Top Student
moparfan1234
Message 6 of 6 (374 Views)

yep it was a hard drive issue! new HDD is in and so far it has done 4 complete shut down and startups so fast it just blinks that windows logo that it stuck on before!

thanks again guys!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation