Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have also hp dm1-4118au when im using globe broadband my touchpad and keyboard freeze  and i need to use usb mouse to restart for it and remove globe broadband to use it again

please help to solve this problem.is there any update or whatever solution

hoping your good kind reply to solve this issue.

HP Recommended

HP did the same to mine, said it was an issue with the motherboard and came to collect it for repair (issues occurred after approx 6 months). The keyboard and mouse freezing issue has not re-occured.

Have had the leptop for close to 1.5 years now. Found that the performance has decreased rapidly in the last few months. It gets very hot, makes a lot of noises, constant freezing if I do anything quickly like change in between internet tabs or program screens. I know laptops aren't designed to last forever and the whole 'programmed obselecence' thing but I expect it to last for about 2 years at least before it all goes so downhill. Definitely will not be buying another HP laptop.

HP Recommended

Hi,

For the touchpad and keyboard freezing during use, One step that you can try is a clean boot and see if you still have the same problem after. I have included the document 'How to perform a clean boot in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista'. Follow the steps for your operating system, and then try performing the tasks that normally freeze up the computer. Is the computer still freezing up?

For the computer heating up and performing slowly. I have included the documents 'Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating' to keep the notebook from overheating, and 'Improving System Performance without Adding Memory (Windows 7)' to see if cleaning up the computer will help it perform better. Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Had the Dm1 4108au for just over a yr. Now, no longer in warranty. I always believed this issue was probably related to a software conflict so I never returned it during the first yr warranty period. Now, reading here that it needs to be repaired but is outside warranty. To be honest, this computer HP has sold many of us is a dud and it should be replaced or fixed regardless of warranty. It has been freezing up frequently since first purchase but operates well enough that you can live with it (sort of). 

Not a happy customer of HP. Will never buy another HP laptop if this represents the build quality we can expect. 

HP Recommended

Mine is a hp pavilion touchsmart
its a touchscreen 
i have been face this problem (thankgod) recently a week or 2.
when i my keyboard or mouse screen freezes for 2 seconds and becomes normal.
focus off the textbox and come back again.

i want to ask that did u all face the same problem at the start and then it got more worse or from the start only it was like you had to reboot it.

please tell me so that i can be ready for the worse already.

hp sucks:smileyfrustrated:

Spoiler

HP Recommended

I believe it has become worse over time but that may simply be because it is being used more now and so, if it is an overheating problem, the more we use it, the more it eventually overheats. But who knows? But it has always dogged this machine. hmmmmm

HP Recommended

the problem is not that bad yet so is there any precautions i can take?
i m preety sure that its not because of overheating
i read some where that i happens also because of dust entering the keyboard. I m going to clean my keyboard with a vacum cleaner:smileytongue: ,with that small brush in it.
><
 X

HP Recommended

i am having the same problem of freezing of touchpad and keyboard .

no software problems detected after running all the tests.

Laptop is out of warranty. (hp G6 2226TU) 

plz tell me which hardware problem it is??

thanku.

HP Recommended

Same issue here!

Notebook:
HP Pavilion dm1-4100sb Notebook PC (A9X92EA#UUG)
AMD E-450 APU, 1650 Mhz
Radeon HD 6320 Graphics (Wrestler)
Wifi: Broadcom BCM4313 802.11bgn
Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 Gigabit
Linux distro: Mint 17 XFCE or KDE, does not matter

Main symtoms: random freezes of the keyboard and mouse
a. I also experimented a 'full freeze' (nothing works, complete hang): no
b. Computer is still working well (opposite of #1 i.e. music still plays, movies/networking continues, ...) for everything except those issues: yes
c. Only the builtin keyboard freezes, the builtin mouse keeps working: no (usually, when a 'freeze' occurs, both do not work anymore)
d. Only the builtin mouse freezes, the builtin keyboard keeps working: no (usually, when a 'freeze' occurs, both do not work anymore)
e. Full freeze, but the builtin keyboard freezes in a "repeat" state, where it generally spams alt-tab: no
f. Keys for brightness change and for wifi turn on/off work even when rest of builtin keyboard is frozen: yes
g. Messages in dmesg or other logfiles: no
h. Appears more when I'm doing some networking on wifi: hmm, hard to tell
i. I can get a working session back, by putting the laptop in suspend by closing/opening he lid: ...
j. Command 'modprobe -r psmouse' using SSH gives me back only the builtin keyboard: ...
k. Command 'modprobe psmouse' using SSH gives me back only the builtin mouse: ...
l. When builtin keyboard/mouse is frozen and I push some keys on the builtin keyboard and than I start "modprobe -r psmouse" using a external USB keyboard, pushed keys emerge on terminal: ...

IMHO, it is not OS related (Windows, Linux, ...)

Not a happy customer at all.

Kind regards,

Jurgen L.

HP Recommended

Dear Kyle,

My DM1 was working fine until it downloaded updates when I last powered it up.  Now the keyboard and mouse is frozen!  I need it for college work - so this problem is a nightmare!

How can I go into control panel etc as you have advised when keyboard and mouse is frozen?  

Please help!

Kindest regards....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.