Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the update!!!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Is this really a common issue on HP DM1?

I got the same unit an HP DM1 (QG411PA) purchased here in the Philippines. I had it repaired 3 times but still got the same problem so i demanded for a replacement PC.

The replacement PC still got the same problem.

Im not sure if HP is acknowledging this issue or they will just let this issue fly.

HP Recommended

Hello Zeeven, 

I saw your post and forwarded it to the right people for their review. You should hear back from someone shortly via private message on this Forum.

Thanks 

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

We received our repaired dm1 from HP today. According to the accompanying letter, they replaced the motherboard. Unfortunately and unnecessarily, they also reinstalled windows. So I'll be bussy for some days to get the whole system back to it's former state. Downloading 78 updates now...

The good news is that untill now, the touchpad and keyboard keep working the way they should. I'll let you know in a week or so, after some time of real life usage, how the system is holding up.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update!

Hope the issue is completely resolved.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended
Hi alexp_nl,

The same was performed to my pc. They got the MoBo replaced but after a month the issue re-occurred.

The heat triggers the problem on my laptop.
Once it reached 75-80C the issue will occur. Both windows and linux OS
HP Recommended

Hi Zeeven,

the problem was certainly heat related. Before the repair, the mouse and keyboard stopped working after a few minutes of intensive usage, for instance working with google earth.

But now, after the repair, everyting keeps working the way it should. I am running a stresstest (Heavyload), together with google earth. The system gets hot, but the mouse and keyboard keep working.

As I said before, I will post on this forum how the system is doing after a week or so. But for now, things are looking good.

HP Recommended

Hello Zeeven,

I have been following this thread; you have not been having a good experience with your HP laptop; and I do believe that if the replacement laptop is not functioning properly, you should return it and recieve another until you the customer are happy. This process should be done asap, so that you can start enjoying your HP product.

I am a :smileyhappy:volunteer!

If it were a rattler. . . . Rattlesnake, that is. . .

HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

our mini laptop is still working correctly. So we consider the problem to be solved after the repair by HP.

Best of luck for everybody else having the same problem as we did!

HP Recommended
Good to know... but let's see after a month or so.. 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.