Question

Honor Student
sai5560
Message 1 of 16 (22,608 Views)

touchpad of the mouse light

My notebook G62-225DX, the touchpad has a light that goes on by itself that changes the mouse pointer to that of cursor and I cant turn it off, I have to turn off the computer.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 16 (22,598 Views)

Re: touchpad of the mouse light

You will need to double tap on that light to enable the touchpad back ON... If that does not working, can I get the drive version of touchpad...

To do that, you will need to go the device manager -> Mice and other Pointing Devices -> Double click Synaptic Touchpad, in the Properties Windows, Click on Driver tab... you will have it there..

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
sai5560
Message 3 of 16 (22,583 Views)

Thanks for the tip, but I did that double click on the touchpad when it happen and wouldn't go off, so I went to the mouse settings and pointers to lowest setting and up to now it hasn't happen again.  Well I haven't used the laptop that much, let see. Thanks again.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 4 of 16 (22,573 Views)

Cool, In between there was driver pushed thru windows update...that was causing this issue... check if your touchpad driver verison is 15.0.17.4 or 15.0.17.0

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
thorrenaud
Message 5 of 16 (22,545 Views)

Cyclops, I have a similar issue where I am using the touch pad and an error comes on it is a hand with a finger with a red line through it, at that point the pad no longer works and the little orange light on the corner of it stays lit. I have a CQ62-228DX DRIVER 15.0.7.0

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT YOU MAY HAVE.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 6 of 16 (22,538 Views)

So, do you know if 15.0.7.0 came out of the box...if no, I would suggest doing a driver roll back...

Honor Student
thorrenaud
Message 7 of 16 (22,528 Views)

Yes, right out of the box, the only thing I have installed is Outlook 2010. How would I proceed with the driver rollback?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 8 of 16 (22,520 Views)

Ok, in that case update to 15.0.17.4 and check...

What i have seen, updating from driver version 14.0.13.1/14.0.11.2 to 15.0.7.0/15.0.17.4 cause the enable functionality to stop working...

Just want to double checking... that we double tap on that light back, as it will enable to touchpad...

Student
mtngal
Message 9 of 16 (22,251 Views)

I am having the same problem with mine.  It is a brand new laptop.  What did you do to fix it?

Student
jakemoon
Message 10 of 16 (21,791 Views)

I was having the same problem with the touch pad going out on me. Double tap worked. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation