01-06-2011 04:32 PM
I tried to find assistance as to how to restore the touchpad vertical scroll zone and still have not found one yet so far since last night. I did use the start menu to see if I can restore the default or something but nothing there to show for. Thanks in advance for the answer to this problem. By the way, I can touch the vertical scroll zone and see the cursor but it wont move the screen. Ok.
01-07-2011 12:38 PM
go to control panel mouse setting (or just click Start and type in Mouse, and select Mouse from the list), most touch pad let you turn the scroll on/off and define the zone, sensitivity, scroll/page etc.
* I am an HP employee. *
** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
01-07-2011 06:34 PM
I did double and triple check thru control panel and start menu and still the same result. The touchpad scroll vertical still not responding even though I can see the scroll pointer but the screen or window still did not move. The driver is updated and all is working. I pressed default for each of whatever it said. The touchpad pointer is working just fine when I am not using the vertical scroll zone. Nothing is off or disabled. Am I missing something?
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)