Question

Honor Student
jstef
Message 1 of 7 (363 Views)

volume, base, and treble window pops up on screen on its own

The volume, bass, and treble window pops up on the screen without even touching the volume bar.  The window will show the volume and bass levels going up and down but I am not touching the volume bar.  On occassion the internet connection will drop during the time when this window pops up. Doesn't happen all the time but when it does it is very annoying. I can't stop it when it occurs and since the bass and treble touch pad is next to the internet activation touch pad I am wondering if there is a loose connection. Would like to fix it or disable the volume and bass touch controls.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 7 (359 Views)

Re: volume, base, and treble window pops up on screen on its own

Hi,

This can sometimes be caused by a build-up of static.  Try the following.

Shutdown the notebook, remove the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and start the notebook to see if this has helped the issue.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
jstef
Message 3 of 7 (335 Views)

good so far, I will give it the rest of the evening to see if this solves the problem. Thanks for your help!

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 7 (334 Views)

Hi,

You're welcome, hopefully this has solved the issue.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
jstef
Message 5 of 7 (291 Views)

this has not solved the problem. the computer will still randomly display the volume, bass, and treble windows and will intermittently turn the wireless connection on and off. I have connected the laptop directly to the modem and the problem still exists except the internet connection is not dropped like it was when it was connected to the wireless. Almost acts like a virus but don't know is this is the case. Any other thoughts beyond being static related?

Student
PetroExplorer
Message 6 of 7 (203 Views)

I have had this same issue for six months.  Tried antivirus software which did not resolve the issue.  Reloaded BIOS five times and still not resolved.  What else can I try?

Honor Student
chyrissa
Message 7 of 7 (109 Views)

I have had the same problem for months and I can't get it to stop. Everytime it pops up it shuts the internet off .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation